Monday, June 23, 2008

Wild Roses-Part 5

Happy Monday Girls!!!  It feels like so long since we were all together, even though I know it was only 3 days ago! Smile.  

I sat down to start to write you guys late Friday night but my mind was still buzzing and aglow with the beauty of Friday night and the time we all shared together.  I'm soooooo thankful to Ksusha and the vunerability she showed in sharing her struggles with fear and faith in light of her life experiences so far.  I know we were all blessed to share the tears, laughter, and prayer together.  

While studying this week in an Aglow bible study- "Choosing to Change" I came across a description of what a small group experience should do- It should help us "walk in love, as Christ also has loved us and given Himself for us- Esphesian 5:2.   Presented was the ideal that walking in love means that we bear one another burdens.   I believe this is so true!  It goes on to say that Jesus walked in love and spoke from an honest heart.  In his endless well of compassion he never misplaced truth.  Rather, he surrounded it with mercy.   Those who left His presence felt good about themselves because Jesus used truth to point them in the right direction for their lives.  When He spoke about the sinful woman who washed Jesus' feet with her tears and wiped them with her hair, He did not deny her sin.  He said , "her sins, which are many, are forgiven, for she loved much" Luke 7:47  That is honesty without condemnation.  

Friday night I wanted each of you to know that love and truth are always tempered with compassion  in light of our sins and sinful natures in Jesus' eyes.  I want to let you know that TRUTH stands above all lies - actually Jesus Christ is Truth and another name for Jesus Christ is the Word-  The Word is the truth.   This is a TRUTH that I have learned and been applying only over the last 3-4 years.  Already several of you are struggling with fear- I know that struggle all to well!!!!!!  I once heard that FEAR is false evidence appearing real-  We have to know the truth of scripture to defeat the Deceiver and the lies he is whispering to each of us and reject the fear attached to those lies.  We cannot do this with out the help of the Holy Spirit and the renewing of our minds.  So many times I have felt defeated in my sinful nature- but I have to reject that thought and keep applying the Word and then let the Holy spirit start to work on helping me change my sinful nature.  It's not going to just happen- as much as we try to produce Godly character with an unrenewed mind, we find ourselves puzzled by our ungodly actions.   Wow- this has been my life story... until recently, and now I am so filled with the joy of the Lord and his love for me and you girls that I'm just busting at the seams to share it with you.   No condemnation, no fear, no guilt from me only sharing my experience in living in the...TRUTH!

My sweet Cassie sent me a Scripture to read this week- Roman's 7 which also further explains our sinful natures.  If you can find the chance to read it- Please do so... it's might answer some of those nagging questions about our sinful nature.

Wow, that was a sermon huh?  Sorry! 

So here we are to help build one another up!!!!  Each of us is walking in the light but some of us are still new to the light- so we have to walk in love with each other!!!  I know most of you are going to be gone next week for the HS SS trip but if anyone is still here and wants to meet to share a meal on Friday that would be fine with me.  We can just enjoy some time together to share about our week etc....  The following Friday we can resume our Bible study time all together.  I'm praying that each of you are safe and protected, along with all the students and leaders going on the trip.  Can't wait to see you all when you get home!!!!

Love ya,

Heather


No comments: