I wanted to talk you guys about how fragile life is and how it's necessary to live each day as if it could be your last! Do we really think we are invincible? I think we often do, especially when you are in the prime of your young lives like all of you girls are. For someone who is older, you actually feel your body telling you that you are not as invincible as you thought... Smile.... Not only your own invincibility but think of your own parents and family...
Today, my friend Faisal heard from his best friend in Pakistan whose mother had passed away after surgery- She was only 58 years old. I also think of Tim Russert from Meet the Press that passed away unexpectedly this past weekend. We never know when it might be your last breath so it's important to keep God first in your thoughts and actions. I don't want to sound like a downer but just want you guys to think about your lives and how to keep "connected" with God and your paternal family and your church family. Of course, this small group bible study hopefully will go a long way to keep you guys "connected."
As an adult I have a hard time keeping this in mind also- My mom lives with us and we often seem to take her for granted. My prayer today is that the Holy Spirit will speak to our hearts and help us to learn to put God first in our lives- everyday- not just on Friday night or Sabbath... and then strengthen or renew relationships with our parents and siblings. Some of you are enduring relationship challenges with your parents, family, and friends. Let's lift each other up today and ask for specific family healing and blessings. I will pray that for each of you today and I hope you will do the same for me... If you ever need to talk you can call me or email me- I'd love to pray with you also.
Remember you guys are all beautiful and lovely- and were created for a special purpose!
Love ya,
Heather

No comments:
Post a Comment