It's Monday night 6/15/08 and I'm already excited, anticipating our next study time together. There are so many things we can talk about... Because I don't want to monopolize too much of the conversation on Friday I thought this blog would be a great place to share some of my thoughts and prayers for each of you throughout the week. You know when your head is just bursting with topics and ideals- you need someone to just listen or in your case read!!! Smile...
First, had a bad weekend with a sinus infection that is causing me extra pain with some recent dental work that I had done and other work I still need done...My head has felt like it has been in a clamp! Yikes. Today, I went to the Dr. and got some antibiotics so I know clearer skies are on their way... Moral of this story....Go to the dentist for regular check-up's and cleanings...ok...that was just a Mom moment!!! Smile...
Now that I'm done whining about that...
I have a website I would like for you to check out... It's called Nuclearity.org and there are three short MP3's called "The Eight Princesses that ruled the World"- I'd love to talk about this on Friday night and see what you think? Wow, I think we've been duped! I'm anxious to hear about your thoughts?
I have done lots reading in the book "Lies Young Women Believe and the truth that sets them free" by Nancy Leigh Demoss and Dannah Gresh and there are some very powerful things in there. I'm gonna see if we can get Cha Cha to sponge for 7 copies of the book so each of you have one... Give your best, sweetest smile when you see him.. to butter him up of course! SMile
I want you to take a short quiz from the book- It's called the Lying Embers Quiz-
Selecting one per pair, circle the word or set of words that reflect how you feel or respond most of the time....
1. Relaxed or Totally Stressed out
2. Happy to be single or GOTTA have a guy
3. Good with what you got or UGLY
4. FORGIVEN or gulity
5. Definitely taking my problems to God first or GOTTA ask my friends for advice
6. Got just enough friends or lonely
7. Friendly or Totally PMS-ing
8. Authentic or Hypocritical
9. In control of my tech world or WOULD die without text messaging, mySpace, and more
10. Confident in my stand to be pure or Ashamed to STand Alone
11. Content with what ya got or Must Shop now
12. The Real Deal or Different depending on who I'm with
13. Walking in Victory or Unable to overcome certain sins
14. Content to submit or Angry at my parents
15. Confident of God's protection or Afraid of Satan
Think about these questions and let's talk about them when we are together. I'll share my answers too... You might be surprised again!!!
This week if you can also read Gen 2:15 thru the end of chapter 3 and try to imagine yourself in the most beautiful garden ever created and sink into the drama of her story... we'll talk about it too...
The verse I want to leave you with is John 8:44- "The devil...was a murderer from the beginning, and has NOTHING to do with the truth, because there is no truth in him... For he is a liar and the father of lies.
I need to be perfectly clear that this is not any material that I thought up on my own- I am using the information in the book and sharing it with you. My thoughts after we meet will be mine alone. And always my prayers for each of you are all mine as well...smile So with that in mind I would like to say a little prayer for each of you and me as you journey through this week.
ABBA, Father, God-
Thank you for the joy of salvation! Help us to seek truth, to know truth and to believe You again today. Somedays the battle to believe you over the whispering lies of the deceiver seems hard... but I know We have to choose you and have faith- you have given to each person a measure of faith- help us exercise it! Ugh! There's that word exercise again... Personally for me Lord, it's my desire to not only honor you with my words, and songs, and prayers but with my health. Help me to believe all things are possible with your help in regards to my health/weight. I desire to not live in bondage. I know these girls are praying for me just as I am praying from them and the area's of bondage in which they are struggling. Protect them Father... Love them, sing over them as you have always done over me. Help us to grow in love for You and for one another and Thank you for the Truth and the Grace you so freely give....
Amen
PS: See you girls around 6:30pm- I was thinking we could have breakfast for dinner... pancakes, eggs, veggie sausage etc... What do you think?
Love ya!
Heather

No comments:
Post a Comment